Hello! My name is Denise, although I also answer to Yashoda Ma and Gray-Ga.
I am the founder of Balance & Bliss® Ayurveda and Yoga. My professional education and training have qualified me to practice as an Ayurvedic practitioner, yoga instructor and massage therapist.
I didn’t know when I started studying hatha yoga as a teenager in 1969 that the door had just opened to my future professional path. In the early 1980’s I received an invitation to apprentice with my yoga teacher and in 1985 I received certification as a yoga instructor from the United Yoga Institute of New Mexico.
My continued practice and study of yoga led me to discover its sister science, Ayurveda, the ‘Science of Life’. I received my education and clinical training in Ayurveda, earning a degree as an Ayurvedic practitioner, from the Ayurvedic Center for Well Being – Florida Vedic College in 2005.
I am the founder, director and primary instructor of Ayurveda at the Florida Academy of Ayurveda, a post-secondary school for professional education in Ayurveda. We began offering classes in 2011.
As a life-long student of these ancient body-mind practices, I know their value and use them to create balance in my life and busy schedule. I am dedicated to preserving the rich, classical traditions of Ayurveda and yoga, as they are relative and applicable to your unique circumstances and improving your day-to-day living. In my years of professional practice, I have had the honor of guiding many clients and students on an enlightened path to balance and bliss.
I live in Florida; online I provide Ayurvedic consultations, Ayurveda classes and programs, and private yoga sessions to clients in the USA, Europe and Canada…virtually anywhere.
I love my work, it brings me joy and I am here to offer you the beauty and wisdom of Ayurveda and yoga.
Other joys in my life are, my husband, children, grandchildren (Gray-Ga), family, being in the splendor of Nature, and finding the Divine in the moment.
- Degree in the Vedic Arts – Dhanvantari Ayurveda / Practitioner
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- Certified Panchakarma Ayurvedic Clinical Specialist
- Licensed Massage Therapist #MA58502
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education #4443
- Florida Association of Ayurveda – Founding and Professional Member, Past President
- National Ayurvedic Medical Association – Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner Member
- National Association of Ayurvedic Schools and Colleges – Member
- Yoga Alliance – Registered Member ERYT-500
- Florida Yoga Teachers Association – Member, Past President